Saturday, July 7, 2007

I finally made it to the UK! Whoopee!

I stayed at The Capital Hotel in Knightbridge. There were five writers and a variety of room types. My room Karma had kicked in and I lucked up with the two-bedroom flat. It was fantastic! I had my own private entrance, two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a dining/kitchen area, living area, and office area.


What the heck did I do to deserve such luxury? A colleague on the trip, Janis, got real upset with me. She insisted that I always get the "good" rooms. What? All the rooms at this place were good. They were phenom!

All I know is, it was a very nice start for the trip of my dreams. I've always wanted to visit the UK, because that's where my grandmother grew up. She was a War Bride who married an American soldier during WWII. I'll write more on that later.
The Capital Hotel is home to a Michelin 2 Star restaurant. We were treated to a private dinner one evening. The chef is very talented, serving delicious and filling selections from the menu. The wine is Levin, and comes from the hotel owner's winery. Mr. Levin graced us with a short visit. He is a super-nice man. The manager of the hotel, Henrik, is a doll.


Chef Eric, seen here, is full of humor and joking. This man cooks up some serious vittles.

No comments: