Saturday, April 7, 2007

Malaysia

I was recognized by Tourism Malaysia at the opening night.
Somehow, someway, I was invited to visit Malaysia for my website, GiftedTravel.com. It took me about 22 hours in the air to get to Kuala Lumpure (KL to the locals). I only had one hour before the first function. I was paired up with Jared Barclay, a travel writer from Los Angeles. We walked into the press conference late and found out that there were 426 travel writers from all over the globe. I think I was one of two blondes out of the entire group. Somehow, I was seated at the VIP table next to the Minister of Tourism. Other writers at the table were from Ireland, UAE, France, and Bali.

After the dinner was over, Jared asked to stop and purchase film. Our driver brought us to the Petronas Towers. Of course, I had to have my picture taken for my personal scrapbook.
The next morning, we went to the mall and had some pulled tea. These girls sold muffins near the tea stand. It was a satisfying morning snack.
Our guide for the Kuala Lumpur portion of the visit was Hindu. He graciously took me to the temple and walked me around, explaining some traditions of his faith.

No comments: