Saturday, April 7, 2007

Fort Bragg

My friend Ernest Robl provided these pictures. I did some "training" where the 82nd Airborne trains at Fort Bragg. This was made possible on a day trip during Travel Media Showcase 2006. It was held in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I don't know how these guys and gals jump out of airplanes. I know I was very scared and I had a few false starts before I was able to get myself to jump.
But, I finally jumped. There's something unnatural about stepping off into air. I've done all my firefighter training and like to do adventurous things, but jumping without any tension in a line is just downright scary. I was so glad after those first four seconds and I felt the safety of the line.

It's a good thing I went to the bathroom before I jumped, because I would have peed in my pants otherwise.

So, to our men and women who jump out of airplanes and such for our freedom.....I salute you. You are some very brave people. And now, I have satisfied my curiousity and know that I will never desire to bungee jump.

No comments: